Android is definitely one of the most popular smartphone OS available. Android users love to customize their smartphone but it can only be done to a limit unless you learn how to unlock bootloader using kingoroot.
You might ask how.
When you buy an Android smartphone, it comes with a stock ROM pre-installed in it. The stock ROM is officially created and installed by the manufacturer of your smartphone and so it only has features that the manufacturer wants it to. But you can break those limits and use your Android phone to the fullest if you install a custom ROM. A custom ROM is developed by random developers from all around the world. They try their best to make the custom ROM better, bug-free and with more features than the original stock ROM. But there’s a catch. A custom ROM can only be installed if you unlock your bootloader. And that is why, in this article we are going to show you how to unlock bootloader.
Here are some advantages of installing a custom ROM.
- Newer Android versions – Everyone wants to have the latest Android version but only a few smart phone’s support Android version update. Most Android smart phones come with the latest Android version that is available at that time, but by time Google eventually launches a newer Android version. That is why, ROM developers work hard to build custom ROMs with the latest Android versions so that people will be able to enjoy the latest features.
- Huge amount of ROMs to choose from – For almost every smartphone, there are hundreds and even thousands of custom ROM available. Some ROMs are specially optimized for gaming, while some are optimized for daily use. You can choose the one that suits you the best.
- Better Customization – Official stock ROMs can only be customized to a level. For example, no matter which theme you install you won’t be able to change stuff like colours of the Settings page, and sometimes even taskbar. But with a custom ROM, you will be able to do all of these.
There are a lot more advantages of installing a custom ROM, and some disadvantages as well that we have not covered in this article but we will cover it in our article about how to install custom ROMs. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves and let’s focus on the topic of this article which is how to unlock bootloader using KingoRoot.
How to unlock bootloader using KingoRoot
Backup important data
Before unlocking your bootloader you should always backup your important files in your computer or a different SD card. If you do this, your files are sure to remain safe in case something goes wrong.
Download and Setup KingoRoot
Now the next thing you have to do is download a PC software called KingoRoot. KingoRoot will allow you to unlock your bootloader easily. KingoRoot is totally free, you won’t need your Walmart Credit Card for this. If you try to do this without KingoRoot, you will have to download a lot of stuff like Android SDK, your USB drivers etc. but with KingoRoot, you will not need to download anything. KingoRoot will automatically download your device’s drivers and other stuff.
- Download KingoRoot by going here.
- Once downloaded, install it.
- Connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Open settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down and open “About phone” option.
- Once opened, locate “Build number” and click on it 7 times.
- It will now show a message saying, “You are now a developer!”
- Click the back button to open settings again. This time, locate and open “developer settings”.
- In the developer settings box, you will find an option saying ” USB debugging”. Tick the checkbox and enable it.
- Now that you have connected your mobile to PC and enabled USB debugging, you should see an option in your taskbar saying “connected as media device”. Click on the option and click on USB debugging.
- Find the icon of KingoRoot on desktop and launch it. Once launched, it will automatically download the USB drivers of your smartphone.
- Open the folder where you installed KingoRoot and then open the folder “tools” inside KingoRoots folder.
- Now type “cmd” in the address bar to open command prompt.
- Now type the command adb devices. Now it will show you the devices connected to your PC. If it shows a serial number, then your smartphone is recognized by your computer. But in case it doesn’t, make sure that you have performed the above steps correctly.
Get an unlock key
If you own a Google Nexus device, then simply ignore this step but if you own a different device then you will need to get an unlock key. You can do so by going to your manufacterers website. They will guide you.
Unlock the bootloader
Now that you have all the requirements, we can begin unlocking the bootloader.
- Hold down the “volume down” and “power button” for 10 seconds to enter fastboot mode.
- Now run the command depending on your device:
fastboot oem unlock – If you have a Nexus device.
fastboot flashing unlock – If you have Nexus 5X or 6P.
While for other devices, you will need to ask your manufacturer for the command.
- Use the volume keys to confirm that you want to unlock the bootloader.
- That’s it! Now type fastboot reboot to restart your device in normal mode.
Confirm that your bootloader is unlocked
You can check the status of your bootloader by reading our guide on how to check if bootloader is unlocked.
That’s all. So that was our tutorial on how to unlock bootloader using KingoRoot. Unlocking bootloader might be a bit hard, but if you do it right you can enjoy a lot of awesome features. If you have any doubts about unlocking bootloader, please feel free to comment below. Also, if you know a method easier than this to unlock bootloader, please share the method with us below.